Located between North Georgia’s beautiful mountains and the city of Atlanta, Alpharetta is a can’t miss destination for southern travelers.
3 Must-visit Places
- Ameris Bank Amphitheatre - Sway to the beat and sing your heart out with some of the biggest names in country, rock, and the Top 40. The 12,000 seat, state-of-the-art venue provides an exceptional backdrop for a music experience you will never forget!
- Avalon - Avalon infuses resort-level hospitality throughout a walkable, seamlessly connected community of shopping, dining, and entertainment. It’s more than just another place to go, it's a place to be—a hub of activity that delivers the luxury of the modern South.
- Roaring Social - Shhhhhh—you didn’t hear it from us, but Alpharetta’s first speakeasy is too good to keep secret! Roaring Social, a Prohibition-era haunt, will blow you away with live music performances happening every night that expand across the decades. Play a round of their boutique bowling experience all while enjoying the full menu of craft cocktails and bites.
3 Must-do Activities
- INDIEHOUSE modern fragrance bar - Take a scent blending workshop at Indiehouse Modern Fragrance Bar in downtown Alpharetta. You’ll learn how scent blending works and create your own custom perfume. Sense of smell can trigger memories, so each time you wear your custom perfume, you will be reminded of your great trip!
- Be a Two-Wheel Tourist - One of the most unique and enchanting parts of Alpharetta is how connected the city is—getting from one area to another as easy as riding a bike! Whether an avid cyclist or a casual, sightseeing pedalist, Alpharetta provides the perfect opportunity you need to spin your way through the city. Rent an electric bike from Pedego Alpharetta, a locally owned retailer offering individual or group bike rentals and tours.
- High Tea at The Ginger Room - Treat yourself like royalty at The Ginger Room, featured on Explore Georgia as one of Georgia’s 10 Best Tea Rooms. This lovely establishment opened in 2021 in Alpharetta’s oldest home (built in 1856). The Ginger Room serves locally sourced products, from teas to pastries, and they add the unique addition of fresh ginger juice and ginger preserve to their afternoon tea menu.
- Bring a blanket and listen to live music under the stars. You can find live music floating through the air any night of the week in Alpharetta. Be prepared to sit and stay awhile while you enjoy the performances and gorgeous backdrop of either the Town Green or Brooke Street Park venue.
- Download Downtown Alpharetta Arts Walking Tour app for a creative journey of art sculptures. Get in touch with your artistic side on the FREE Downtown Art Walk Tour. With 20 sculptures tucked around picturesque spots in Alpharetta, you will be wowed by incredible pieces and the beauty that surrounds them.
- Take the elevator to UP on the Roof to see the best view of Alpharetta. On clear days, you can even see the foothills of the North Georgia mountains! Sip on craft cocktails, enjoy light bites and feel on top of the world at UP on the Roof.
- Don’t leave home without your dog! Bring your furriest family member to Alpharetta and check out Fetch Park for plenty of off-leash greenspace to play while you enjoy cocktails, or even fresh coffee and sandwiches at Cubano’s. The BARk makes it the ultimate place to “Unleash and Unwind®”.
- Order Smokejack BBQ’s burnt ends. Open seven days a week, Smokejack’s burnt ends keep this place crowded day after day. The key to great burnt ends is low and slow cooking, and you have to stop in to see what all the hype is about.