Do you see beautifully decorated shelves on Pinterest and wish yours looked like that? Have no fear! We’re here to give you easy-to-follow steps and fail-proof tricks to give you the aspirational shelves you crave!
Choosing What to Display
Display shelves make a huge impact on a home. They provide a great opportunity to keep special items where you can see them, and provide the function of having what you use at arm’s length. Check out our go-to tips and tricks to merge style and function for your home.
- Accessories: Mix new with vintage
- Needs: Display your prettiest items you frequently use
- Organic: Add in some natural elements
Work in Diagonals
- Work in diagonals placing large anchor items first
- Continue placing similar shapes in diagonals
- Keep useable items in reach
Fill in with small accessories. Viola!
The Rule of Three
- Have a baseline of three categories with at least three items each
- Mix sizing: Use larger items to anchor the shelf and smaller items to fill in holes
- What makes you happy? Display things that are sentimental and bring joy!
- Functionality: Shelves should be used! Be sure to include some items that are functional as well