Words by Paige Townley
Summers are always a little sweet in the summertime, and Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa has found a way to make them even better: Summer at the Castle.
Summer at the Castle is the ultimate celebration that is all about creating exciting opportunities for families and friends to enjoy the best aspects of summertime. "From dive-in movies in the pool to making cupcakes and milkshakes with the pastry chef to S'Mores and nightly interactions with the resort's bagpipers, Summer at the Castle offers fun options in Central Alabama's only resort property," said Rick Smith, General Manager at Renaissance Ross Bridge.
This year will mark the resort’s ninth year of hosting this summertime tribute, and plans are already well underway to make it the best ever. Kicking off Saturday, May 29—Memorial Day Weekend—and running through Labor Day, each week of the annual event will feature different activities. And that’s on top of the already existing everyday amenities for which Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa is already known: from its world-class golf course and incredible spa to its pools and dining options. Some of the family favorite events that will be featured all season during Summer at the Castle include:
- "Bridge-Olympics" family friendly Olympic games
- Dive-in Movies at the pool
- Follow the Bagpiper – Follow the piper around the resort grounds
- Castle Beverage Rituals nightly in JTs.
- Brock's Bites - food tastings each week.
- Milkshake with the resort's pastry chef
- Gourmet S'mores
- Live music around the pool on weekends
- Nightly music in J.T's Lounge
- Castle Crafts with a different theme each week
- Cupcakes with the resort's pastry chef – Customize your creation
- Marshmallow Roasting at the Terrace
- Face painting with the resort staff
- Tuesday Trivia nights in the Clubhouse
- Bike rides to the original Ross Bridge
With so many fun—and free—family events to enjoy throughout the entire season, the time is now to take advantage of the opportunity and book those summer stays now—including the relaxing spa treatments and rounds of golf—whether it’s venturing to Birmingham from afar or simply scheduling a fun staycation getaway. "Renaissance Ross Bridge has been an international golf and luxury destination since opening in 2005," said Smith. "With Summer at the Castle, we are embracing our Scottish heritage and offering a variety of fun activities for families and couples in the region to discover. Ross Bridge has become known for our nightly bagpiper and this summer it will become known for so much more," said Smith.
For more information, visit rossbridgeresort.com.