Small town charm, rich history, and a vibrant downtown make this Mississippi city a must-visit. Best known as the birthplace of Elvis Presley, there’s so much more to explore in Tupelo!
3 Must-Visit Places
- Queen’s Reward Meadery - Mississippi’s first and only meadery, here you can sample all of the varieties of the only mead in the world made with 100% Mississippi honey in their exquisite west Tupelo tasting room. Enjoy tastings or mead by the glass, and take home a bottle of your favorite variety.
- Natchez Trace Parkway Visitor Center - One of the country’s top ten national parks, the Natchez Trace Parkway is headquartered in Tupelo. Make a stop at the visitor center at milepost 266 and explore the history of this scenic byway that extends from Nashville, TN, to Natchez, MS.
- Relics Marketplace - Located in the former garment factory where Gladys Presley worked while pregnant with Elvis, Relics boasts two floors with over 117 booths filled with antiques, handmade and repurposed items, and so much more.
3 Must-Do Activities
- Tupelo Cocktail Trail - Visit eight Downtown Tupelo locations and enjoy delicious, local artisan cocktails. Pick up your cocktail card at the Tupelo Visitors Center or at each participating restaurant. Once you've completed all eight stops on the Cocktail Trail, redeem your card at the Tupelo Visitors Center for a FREE #MyTupelo cocktail shaker.
- Live Music at Blue Canoe - A visit to the birthplace of the King of Rock ‘N’ Roll must include great live music. This laid back funky joint is Tupelo’s home for original live music, eclectic bar food, and one of the best beer selections in North Mississippi.
- Shop three shopping districts - Tupelo is a shopper’s paradise with three distinct shopping districts. Downtown is home to a 118-year old department store, boutiques, and art galleries. Midtown offers unique home furnishings and chic gift shops. Barnes Crossing offers an array of national brands and is anchored by the Mall at Barnes Crossing.
- The Tupelo Elvis Festival celebrates its 25th anniversary June 7-11, 2023. Make your plans now to attend the silver celebration of Tupelo’s favorite native son.
- Tupelo is home to over 200 restaurants. Follow #tupelofoodie on Instagram to plan each scrumptious meal in the city where anything is possible.
- Watch the sunset from the overlook at the Elvis Presley Birthplace. Explore the “Becoming” statue exhibit while you’re there, one of many free exhibits on the grounds of the Birthplace.
- Want to learn more about Tupelo’s colorful personality? Explore the city’s impressive collection of larger-than-life murals that celebrate Tupelo’s rich history, including several that pay homage to Elvis Presley.
- Tupelo is home to many great restaurants in places you would least expect. Try Clay’s House of Pig, located in a bait and tackle shop, for some of the city’s best barbecue, or grab a cup of coffee at Strangebrew Coffeehouse, located in a former service station.